Sunday, March 15, 2009

Why I didn't post last night

I try to post every night. Just as I sat down last night to finally write something, Mr. I. was done tucking in Violet and it was my turn. I never got back here.

Yesterday was busy. I worked a half a day. I helped Violet get started on a badge called Sweet Shoppe, all about candy making. We read a book on the history of candy, found recipes to try, and made out the shopping list. Then I went shopping and picked up Taco Bell on the way home (our biggest weakness). Violet melted chocolate and covered stuff with it: apple slices, pretzel rods, marshmallows, Shortbread cookies, dried fruit, and potato chips. We ate too much.

I also stewed a chicken yesterday and put up the chicken meat and stock for later uses. I'm thinking chicken salad and chicken pot pie. Plus soup.

Our weather has been very nice this weekend. Today is supposed to be around 55 and sunny. I've suggested a walk to the pond a few blocks away. Sometimes it is hard to get the others on board for walks. We'll see.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Older dd always wanted to earn that badge. We'd even done part of the work, but never finished it up and ordered it before she bridged.

I think there's a Cadette version, isn't there? I'll have to look into that.