Thursday, March 19, 2009

Taking a breather

I am officially relaxing tonight. Tomorrow Violet and I are going to spend the day at my folks, so more relaxing then. Then Saturday I'll be back to work, but hopefully I'll be refreshed by then. My dad and I are going out for lunch. Violet and my mom will be ushering us out the door saying don't hurry back.

Violet finished her Food Power badge. That makes her officially ready to begin her Bronze Award. She's going to be helping a greyhound adoption agency with their big Memorial Day cleanup and memorial service. I'll post more details when we work them out. That will be after April 15th, as our contact there works as an administrative assistant to the tax department at my office. Greyhounds are her volunteer passion.

I found out today that Kids and College is offering a beginning Latin class starting next week for 4th through 6th grade homeschoolers. You'd think Violet would be breaking down the door to get in, wouldn't you? Nope. I couldn't talk her into it. Oh well. I'll spend the money I would have spent on her enrollment on Minimus Secundus. She wants to learn it on her own more before taking a class.

The weather has been beautiful. Sunny and in the 50s. I can so live with that!

I went to the Product Sales Committee meeting Tuesday night. I put in my pitch for Juliettes to continue to be treated so well after the Council merger happens. We just have to wait and see what they decide. Violet got her mini jewelry kit at the meeting. She still hasn't gotten her J-Bucks (her share of the proceeds for selling cookies, that can be used for camp, programs or in the shop). It may be up to a month before they are released.

Mr. I. is now working from home Mondays, Fridays and every other Wednesday. That has been SOOOOOO nice! It is wonderful having him here more often. Plus he is so much less tired than when he has to get up at 5 am to go to the City everyday!

The History of US shipped today. I'm supposed to get it on Monday! Yippee! Just in time for my spring break week off for planning!

Violet has made fudge and chocolate covered everything for her Sweet Shop badge. It has been delicious! Maybe not the best for my quest to lose just a couple of more pounds. But what kind of mama would I be if I didn't sample her hand made goodies?

In fact, I can't think of a better way to kick off my night of relaxing....

3 comments:

Mother Mayhem said...

You better be working that Wii. LOL

Garden State Kate said...

Mmmm..my P was just asking about chocolate covered cherries last night....it is nowing here by the way.Yes,snowing.:-(
Enjoy your visit!

Fatcat said...

We had so much fun doing the story of us and notebooking it. Does Violet notebook? I bet she'd enjoy it.