Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shopping and other stuff

We were successful at the office this morning. Got the cookies delivered and the money collected. Took the paperwork in and it got picked up by the attorney's office. (Maybe I didn't tell you about that part. We had two full copy paper boxes of files to be picked up by a courier from the law firm we're working with. That whole experience with this attorney is a blog in itself, but let's leave it at, she has been difficult to deal with.) The courier from the attorney's office actually showed up at 10. I'd clearly said I wouldn't be there until 11, my manager said not to come before 11:30. Our receptionist sent him away at 10. I was glad I had given her the heads up that he was coming. I probably didn't need to, our receptionist is good. But it was the nice thing to do. He was back on the dot of 11. Luckily for him, we'd taken the pick up stuff to the office on our first trip up to the third floor.

The IT drop off and pick up went smoothly. The IT drone I'd worked with a lot lately did the upgrade. He said my internet connection and firewall wasn't the problem it was the file size of the upgrade. I'm still having him and Mr. I. hash it out next time something needs to be done.

On our way home we went to McDonald's for lunch. Then we went shopping at Walmart. We found two swimsuits for Violet. A one piece for swim lessons, and a two piece for casual swimming. With the amount of time she spends in pools in the summer, having two suits is nice. I like the two piece a lot, the top reaches down to the bottoms. She like the colors, style and fit. Both suits got the thumbs up from us both.

I did some necessity shopping: laundry powder, baggies, contact solution. Violet took some Christmas money and browsed the Littlest Pet Shop aisle. We don't get to Walmart often, living closer to K-Mart and Target. She found a few things she hadn't seen before, and made a few purchases.

We headed home and pretty much crashed the rest of the day. I did a little cleaning up. Had a phone call from the attorney that wasn't well received by me. She wasn't happy that I wasn't available at her beck and call to drop everything and do more work that she wouldn't listen to anyway. It's a long story. I called my manager and we came to a good compromise. Basically the manager doesn't care if the attorney is happy any more than I do, but our partner in charge does. Did I tell you back in early February when we were waiting to see if we'd get this huge project or not, the attorney went on vacation for a week. That delayed us getting started and now she's under the gun to finish. I'm just not feeling bad over it. I held up my end of the bargain. She's given me a plate full of poop in return.

Tomorrow I have an early morning conference call on a different subject. Then Violet and I are going out for hair cuts. Afterward we are going to scope out where her swim lessons will be starting with week two. We used to swim in the pool where they will be week one. At some point later, they will be moving again to a new permanent location. Until they get their new site built, they are renting pool space.

I know, my whole blog entry is confusing, isn't it? If you think this is bad, you should see my brain. It currently resembles a recently shaken snow globe. The confetti will be settling down soon and I'll be making more sense again. I promise.

1 comment:

Mother Mayhem said...

Not confusing a bit. I like snow globes. ;o)