Thursday, March 5, 2009

We Gave a Pig a Pancake

Today we went to see Theatreworks USA's production, "If You Give a Pig a Pancake and other stories". It was fabulous! We really like Theatreworks USA. They do children's musical theater. If you get a chance to see one of their shows you really should go. After the show we drove a few blocks to the Nature Center. It was really warm out today, but the wind was gusting up to 35 miles an hour. Not very conducive for sitting out with your sandwich. So we ate in the car and discussed the show. Violet didn't care for their rendition of "Diary of a Worm" and neither of us thought they did the best the could with "How I Became a Pirate." But we both loved their take on "Fluffy the Classroom Guinea Pig" and "Lilly's Big Day."

We said hello to the critters in the nature center, dropped off a donation we had for them, and tried to walk around the pond. It was so muddy and windy we gave up after a few minutes and headed to our next stop: the library.

When we finally got home we mainly relaxed. We did a little reading out loud. Violet tried to play outside but it got dark on her. I started my search for a U.S. history book and a Native American history book for next year. I found a couple that might work and have them on hold at the library. If you have any recommendations I'd love to hear them. I'd like to find something along the lines of Usborne's History of the World, but just U.S. or just Native American. We'll supplement it with other books.

Tomorrow Violet doesn't have to go anywhere. I have errands to run, but Mr. I will be working from home so she can stay here. I have to go to 2 banks, the post office, Walgreens and the pet store. I'm still trying to get out of the pet store and pawn that off on Mr. I. And we'll be back to school in the afternoon. He can do it when he goes to wash my car.

I hate errands.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I'm with you. I despise errands. I had to run SIX today and felt like I was living in my car.
For US history overview I really like The Complete Book of U.S. History. http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Book-U-S-History/dp/1561896799/ref=pd_sim_b_2
I also really like their presidents and states book.
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Book-Presidents-States/dp/1561895474/ref=pd_sim_b_3
Plus, they are super CHEAP!
I can't help with Native American books. Never found one single resource for that. We do have a thick Native American tribe encyclopedia but not sure that is what you are seeking.

Mother Mayhem said...

I'm trying to ignore my errands. Think they'll go away?