Monday, March 16, 2009

This and that

Another busy day today in the Freak house. Violet worked more on her two badges. She is learning about fiber in breakfast cereal and food labels. And we melted chocolate to mold in candy molds. Okay, technically it wasn't a candy mold, but the inner tray from an Avent calendar that had been filled with chocolate. It worked. The candies were delicious!

We did more Latin Minimus today. Violet is loving it. I'm already looking at Minimus Secundus. If anyone happens to be selling a copy of it, please let me know (Freakmom at gmail dot com).

If anyone has a similar resource for other languages please let me know. She loves the cartoon-y style of Latin Minimus. I think that appeals to her a lot.

She had her second swim lesson and first one at the new location. They have a nice facility there. The pool was smaller than I had expected, but the locker room is much bigger. Violet is doing really good. I could already start to see improvement! I'm so impressed.

Tomorrow I have a conference call to listen to in the afternoon (I don't have to participate, just listen and take notes) so Violet is planning what she's going to do while I'm on that. She has the Clue game out, and is planning on coloring. And probably reading. She's always reading.

She has recently discovered the Mallory books by Laurie Friedman. She's been reading them all. And today we discovered a bunch of recipes on Mallory's website. Naturally, Violet wants to cook them all.

And tomorrow night there is a product sales committee meeting. I hope to make it this time. I really want to hear the inside scoop on what is happening with product sales during the council merger. Plus they are a fun bunch to hang with!

No comments: