Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ice and Work

We're getting an ice storm. I'm a bit in denial. It is Spring. It can't be cold and icy. We'll have to see what it is like in the morning. We have tickets for an event. I'll tell you all about it afterward. My father-in-law is staying with us tonight to go with us. The cats are freaking out that there is another person in the house.

I have a lot of work to do this weekend. I'm being rather unsociable I'm afraid. I've been hanging out with my computer instead of our company. Violet's been entertaining him. It is the biggest work weekend of the year for our firm. There is a huge deadline on Tuesday. That's not what I'm working on though. I'm picking up all the other things that can't wait until after the deadline.

We went out for pizza this afternoon with father-in-law. We went early before the ice started. While we were gone, I got two more assignments from work, both due by Monday. I'm not sure how I'll get it all done.

But I've put in 8 hours already today and we have a guest. So I am clocking off for now and worrying about it tomorrow. It will get done. Either on time or reasonably soon afterward.

No comments: