Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend's over?

Man that went fast, didn't it? I'm not ready for Monday. I still have last week's school list to finalize, and next week's to prepare. Good thing we really just fly by the seat of our pants and don't do a lot of planning. I'd never get done.

We had wonderful weather today and took a walk in the neighborhood. We went down to the pond where we saw lost of Canada Geese. We also saw a muskrat swimming in the pond. That was it for wildlife unless you count the human inhabitants of our subdivision.

Violet was working on her Food Power badge today. It is about nutrition. Since she likes to cook so much we are adding our own requirements where she's developing a health breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. She did the dinner today: Grilled chicken breast, chickpea ragout and couscous. It was delicious. The chickpea ragout was from a recipe in the newspaper a few weeks ago: chickpeas and diced tomatoes were the main ingredients.

I finished the last of the work that has to be done tomorrow. And we made plans to spend next Friday at my folk's house. Seems like we were busy all day, but that's all I can remember.