Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday

I'm glad it is Friday. Not that I like Saturdays during busy season. Everyone at work is in the office on Saturday mornings. I like working alone. With no one bothering me. I should be the prep cook who chops all the veggies before anyone else shows up at the restaurant. I could do that. I hope they are all too busy tomorrow to bug me.

I realized today that when one particular person (of higher rank than me) e-mails or calls me my neck immediately begins to hurt and my blood pressure soars. Sigh.

In other news. We got a lot done in school this week, and had some fun too. I ordered the History of US but it is back ordered. That's okay we have plenty to do. We first decided to go over all the pre-history pages in the Usborne Encyclopedia of World History. Then Violet decided we should pick up in that book where we left off in Story of the World. That will take us a week or two. She's so smart. That's why she's on the curriculum committee.

Speaking of committees. I went to the Girl Scout service unit meeting and it went quite well. Except that our SU manager is resigning after this year. I thought she wasn't into it this year. She didn't say why, so I really hope it is just too many other activities and nothing bad. They are a nice family.

I worry about who will take over. Depending on who it is, next year could very well be my last with them. I started having a horrible flash. What if evil ex-co-leader volunteers to do it? I'll be resigning on the spot. I'm not working with her manipulative, bullying, demeaning self again. I don't think she will. But she does like to be in charge. It could happen. Violet and I may be moving to a new service unit next year. I've come too far to go back to that again.

Anyway. I got Violet's goodies from the cookie sale. She earned a passport pouch (like a little purse), a squeeze flashlight, and a patch. She's also getting a necklace kit, but as usual, it didn't come it. Do other Girl Scouts have that problem too? She'll get it within a few weeks. But there's always a delay. We picked them up for the other homeschool Juliettes too, and dropped Cookie's off to her this morning. (Remember Violet's little playmate, Cookie? We don't see her often enough).

A few days ago a commenter named Jen asked where we got the cookie costumes. I couldn't find your blog, Jen to reply sooner. Our Council has them. We check them out like any other equipment. I think they bought them from the cookie bakers. Hope you guys have great fun with your first cookie sale!

The weather is still cool, but getting better. The pussy willow is in bloom. The daffodils are poking up. The buds on the trees are starting to form. Spring will be here soon. We made it through the winter!

2 comments:

Mother Mayhem said...

We had 3 inches of snow.

Stay away from the Kool-Aid! ;o)

Gail said...

Last year my younger daughter didn't get her cookie incentives until September. Sheesh. It was her first year selling cookies, and she insisted she needed to sell 160 boxes so she could get the little dog on the little cushion. Of course, this meant her sister had to also sell 160 boxes, for 320 boxes total (it was brutal -- dh took them door to door, and they sold every flippin' box themselves without taking a form to work to pass around). Weirdly enough, older dd got her dog/cushion in the spring, but apparently GS ran out of them, so younger dd's troop didn't get theirs until several months later.

On the other hand, I still have the fall product incentives at our house because I forgot about them so I never handed them out. I suppose I should do something about that.