Saturday, March 7, 2009

Decided

Wow, the reviews from you, my loyal readers, were so overwhelmingly in favor of The History of Us that we've decided to go ahead with it next year. Violet read a chapter from one of the books and shrugged and said it was pretty interesting. Pretty high praise from a 9 year old forced to read a history book on a Saturday afternoon.

My next decision to make is what to do about Story of the World volume 4. We really aren't liking it. Do we ditch it and go ahead and start in on The History of Us when we get it? Do we stick it out and finish SOTW? Or do we pick and choose a few chapters to read in volume 4 and skip the rest?

I'm going to start looking through it when I'm done blogging and see if I can make up my mind. Opinions are always welcome.

We aren't going to order the History of Us until the end of the week, after the credit card statement has gone out. That will give us another month before the payment will be due for it. Amazon has a good price on it and with Prime shipping (free) and no sales tax, it is a good deal. I want to get the latest edition, so I was a little leery of trying to buy it used from someone.

Mr. Incredible's mice pals were back in the garbage can of seed this morning. Even his sweatshirt buddy. Well, I'm assuring him his buddy was there, it isn't like we can really tell them apart. I knew we should have marked them all from the first time we found them. Little dabs of fingernail polish on the tips of their tails. I suppose the animal rights people would have objected.

I worked much of today. I have more to do tomorrow. My paychecks should be good for awhile. Mr. I has promised to do his tax paperwork for me tomorrow so I can prepare our taxes. He does some side jobs now and then and the hardest part of preparing our taxes every year is nagging him to put his paperwork together.

Mr. I and Violet went out to lunch today at Culver's. Violet took her kid's meal tokens and turned them in for a soccer ball. Culver's is the best. They stopped and K-Mart and bought me a new toaster, and at Farm & Fleet and bought me cashews. Am I lucky or what?

Time to curl up the Story of the World (or maybe not) and a bowl of cashews! Yum!

4 comments:

MOM #1 said...

I think y'all are really going to love that book series, I'm glad you're getting it. Learning shouldn't be torturous, LOL.

I don't know much about SOTW. I had the audio cd's around here somewhere, but we just never got around to listening to them.

History of US has audios too . . . can you tell I'm totally a fan? LOL!

retha said...

I do not know anything about those books, but I do know about waiting for the statements to go before another purchase.
Pleased with you to hear there will be a bit of good money coming.

Wendy said...

We dropped SOTW and that was that for us. I mean, my son was seriously not liking it, and neither was I.

So we actually just dropped history for the year. I don't feel like doing the research to come up with a new program this year. lol

If you have to force yourselves to work through SOTW, I'd say just to forget about it and dive into "History of Us".

Mother Mayhem said...

LOVE me some cashews! MMM