Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Latin

The books I bought from Wendy arrived today. (Thanks again, Wendy!) The First 1000 Words in Latin had just the effect I was hoping. Violet is now interested in Latin. She had no idea how many English words she'd recognize from Latin. We pulled out our dust-covered copy of Latin Minimus and did the first chapter together. Well, started it. We plan to redo the chapter again tomorrow or Friday to help the vocabulary sink in a bit more. Violet did 2 of the student workbook pages too. Yippee!!

We got our errands done and did some other school subjects. I still feel hopelessly behind, like I need another 4 hours a day. I'm still catching up on odds and ends from when work was so busy. And more work came in today. I need a few minutes a day just to myself. It never seems to happen.

Today was week 14 of not missing a day with Wii Fit. Tomorrow I should roll over my piggy bank time counter to 60 hours! Another yippee!! I started working out when I realized my weight had gotten over 150 pounds. Well, I'm proud to report that I've lost about 4 pounds and my weight has been consistently under 150 for 2 weeks now!! I fluctuated above it for a while, but I'm inching in on 148! My goal weight is 145, although the Wii Fit seems to think I should be at 140. We'll see.

Tomorrow night is the Girl Scout service unit meeting. I'll be picking up Violet and the other homeschool Juliette's cookie sales incentives. That will be fun. The rest of the meeting, not so much. Actually it shouldn't be a bad meeting, just another obligation.

I did tell the service unit manager that I would not be returning as Juliette Coordinator next year. She had sent an e-mail to all of us who have service unit jobs. No reply back from her. I think she's had a lot going on lately, she's been a lot more distant and less involved this year. I hope everything is okay with her family, but I worry it isn't. With all the economic problems everyone is facing, I am trying to cut everyone extra slack lately. We're all way too stressed out.

Speaking of stressed out, work was frustrating me before I quit to blog. So now it is time to pour a glass of wine (rather than whine), and relax.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Yay! And you're welcome. :)

I hope you enjoyed that wine and had an opportunity to de-stress.