Friday, March 20, 2009

Celebrating

Today I was celebrating. I am finally finished with a huge research project for work. I read through countless Federal and State regulations. Called people in Chicago, Springfield (our state capitol), D.C. and Baltimore (where Medicare is headquartered). I think at least one person in the Chicago office has a restraining order against me I called her so much. But yesterday I got the answers my boss needed from a group in Springfield. She was so happy her e-mail this morning contained 3 "Yay's" and 2 "Yippee's". I am released.

So I took my dad out for lunch. We like to go to lunch, just the two of us. One of our favorite places is a Chinese buffet. That's where I really wanted to go. My mom had this wacky idea that we needed to eat healthier food. She kept saying we should go to this soup and sandwich place. Sorry, but soup and sandwiches just doesn't cut it when you are daydreaming of crab rangoon. Since I drove, we went to the Chinese buffet. I told Dad to tell her I made him go there. I just couldn't celebrate with a turkey sandwich.

Tomorrow it is back to work for me. The nice thing is I can't work now even if I wanted to. Tonight is the one night in the month that they take the network down for upgrades, backups and other computer servicing. What wonderful timing. I'm going to go read a book. I checked out "Savannah Blues" by Mary Kay Andrews at the library yesterday and I can't wait to start it.

3 comments:

Fatcat said...

That's the thing about working at home, you always think you should work. It's nice to have a time when you just can't.

Wendy said...

Hooray for being done! It does put a crimp in things when you call people to ask questions, and they aren't always helpful. I'm glad to read that you succeeded in accomplishing your work.

Mmm... crab rangoon....

Garden State Kate said...

Yeah!!
Good for you..hope you enjoyed lunch!!