Sunday, March 29, 2009

Where we went today

We went to Fermilab, a physics place (okay, there's a much bigger explanation as to what it is, but I don't have much time to blog and I don't really understand it anyway, click on the link if you are curious), to watch the Wonders of Science show. It was put on by Lee Marek and Weird Science. It was quite good and we really enjoyed it.

We hadn't been for a few years, but when we went before they had a science fair going on at the same time. They didn't this year and we were a little disappointed. But we don't know how many years ago they discontinued it. I'll have to ask around.

Our winter storm did hit. We had a few inches of freezing rain last night, then 4 inches of snow this morning. But since the weather has been so warm the road cleared up quickly and we were able to go. The only problem we had was that the stop lights were all covered with snow and you couldn't see the signals. We traveled through a lot of intersections to get there. By the time we came home it was clear.

After the show we stopped at American Science and Surplus. That is the coolest store ever. If you aren't in the Chicago area, check out their website or catalog. You won't be sorry. And if you are visiting the area, consider a side trip there, especially if you are a catalog fan. Their store looks like their catalog but in 3-D.

My father-in-law bought a bunch of parts (I forgot to ask him what he got). Violet got some marbles, 2 glass fish, and some rock samples. I bought a bunch of miniature poker chips to use as bingo markers and in other games (they were clearance, I paid 32c total for 4 bags of about 40 chips each). I also bought some pinch pots for cooking in cool pretty colors. The set of 4 was $1.56. In fact, click on the link and you'll see the exact set I bought. I should have bought more. Mr. Incredible didn't buy anything. I guess he was being frugal. Or maybe he has some bigger purchase in mind. I'd better be worried.

I finished most of my work tonight. Another thing came in while we were at the science show, but she forgot to attach the attachment. Oh darn. Can't do it tonight.

This was the last day of Spring Break. Back to the books for us tomorrow.

Funny, I don't feel rested.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

It sounds like an eventful weekend, particularly with the storm. I guess it was winter's goodbye to you.

I hope you enjoyed your spring break!