Thursday, March 26, 2009

She's part fish

We got a call today from Violet's swim club, she's ready to move from level 2 to level 3. She starts the new class next week! She only had 3 lessons at level 2. I knew her swimming looked good last week, but I wasn't expecting them to move her for another week or two. This is wonderful!

We found an opening in a class taught by her same instructor, so she doesn't have to get used to/comfortable with a new teacher. I think that will help her a lot. Her new level swims the full length of the pool. I think Violet's going to be pretty tired the first few weeks of that. We still go on Monday nights, but a half an hour earlier.

I am glad she's doing so well. One, because I really wanted her swimming to improve. But also because Mr. I. was a little nervous about the cost of the lessons. They aren't cheap. But the small size classes really helps, I think. We've committed to keep going through May. We'll see how she keeps progressing and decide if she's going over the summer or not. If she likes it, I'd like to find the money to keep her in class. But I should stop getting ahead of myself and just enjoy that she's making good progress. A few more weeks and I won't worry about her swimming without me there. (But with a qualified lifeguard on duty, of course.)

I have a level 3 swimmer!

3 comments:

Ami said...

Yay, Violet!! I'm glad she's enjoying the class so much.

The small class size seems to make such a difference.

I had Lyssa in homeschooler classes for a time, and there were never more than four or five kids. A huge difference from the 20 kid classes we saw in the summer!

Mother Mayhem said...

Go, Violet! :o)

Gerky said...

Great job!

We love pizza soup and since it is cooked in the crockpot it makes it even better. I used the recipe from http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/08/crockpot-pizza-soup-recipe.html?showComment=1218020640000 and customized the ingredients to make it our own. (took out the mushrooms, substituted the green pepper for sweet red pepper and added spinach) We ate the entire crock full the last time I made it and I doubled the batch hoping for leftovers the next day! I hope you like it.