Friday, March 27, 2009

Photos

Finally I am posting some photos. I am so far behind, it is terrible. I thank you all for putting up with me and my tardiness.

First, let's go all the way back to Valentine's Day. Here is the heart shaped brownie Valentine we made for Mr. Incredible. It took two boxes of brownie mix. (Before anyone goes all high and mighty on me, Mr. Incredible swears he prefers brownie mix brownies over homemade.)



Here's the salad I made for dinner that night:



And our heart shaped pizza Mr. Incredible and Violet made. They like black olives, I don't.



Here is Mr. Incredible's birthday cake. It is a cherry chip cake with cherry frosting. It was very cherry. See my flowers in the background? Violet got them for me on Valentine's Day.



Here's Violet dipping various things into melted chocolate for her candy making badge. She tried pretzels, dried fruit, apple slices, marshmallows, Shortbread cookies (called Trefoils by some of you Girl Scouts who get your cookies from the other baker), and potato chips.


Here is some of the finished product. The green apples were a bit tart for the chocolate. The dried fruit was really good. The potato chips were....different.


Today Violet tried her hand at cake decorating. First she baked a cake. Then frosted it. Yesterday she had made some molded chocolates and she put those on first. Then she used a pastry bag to try piping icing. It wasn't easy, but she really liked doing it.


Here's the finished product. It wasn't meant to be anything in particular. Just an experiment with a few different tips and different techniques. The colored icing is supposed to be lavender. Violet tried to make the color with food color gel, but it didn't come out quite right. Again, just an experiment anyway.


We started eating the cake. It was delicious!

3 comments:

Ami said...

The cake is lovely, I think the chocolates are a great touch.

Everything looks tasty... and I prefer boxed brownie mix, too. We get the Duncan Hines variety.

Mother Mayhem said...

I thought I smelled cake! :o)

Potato chips dipped in chocolate? Shame on you! LOL

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

I'm usually all "homemade is best" but I have to confess that I think brownies from the red box are much better than the ones I'm made from scratch.