Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl? Not Here!

We aren't football fans here. We follow soccer. We used to be real fanatics. Then we had a house to look after and a kid to raise. Now Mr. Incredible and I are lucky to catch a few games a year. Except during World Cup. The world stops for World Cup. Violet has to find her own food for 3 weeks while we watch every game humanly possible.

Today was Super Bowl Sunday. It does mean something special here in the Incredible household. Puppy Bowl! We love it. It is impossible not to get sucked in to the cute little puppies running all over, tumbling over each other, and playing ball. And the kitty half time show is a real family favorite. We watch every year. This year was no exception.

Animal Planet really outdid themselves this year. The audience! The streaker on the field! It was hilarious. I can hardly wait until next year. But I don't have to wait, they are replaying it all day long. I can watch Puppy Bowl at least 2 or 3 more times today. Who can get enough of it?

Now that is a sporting event worth watching!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A streaker? Was it one of those hairless cats? :oO

Garden State Kate said...

I used to love football, but I'm not into it as much with P.
She is always like.."why don't we go outside and play football..not just watch" lol
Now I just watch if the Giants are playing..Farmer Dad went to a friends to watch, we stayed home and played and colored all day. ;-)

retha said...

Before I got married I knew how to spell soccer and that was it. I am married to a man who is soccer. I do watch but prefer to rather sit through the cricket with him.

Hope you do not get mugged watching the world cup of 2010. I know we will have clean water, 'un-potholes' roads and maybe even uninterrupted electricity for those few weeks. May Mr Blatter can even secure safe living for us.

The Old Gray Mare said...

I watched the Super Bowl. The boys weren't even home. What is wrong with me?!

MOM #1 said...

No football here either. Baby Boy had an Ultimate Frisbee game . . . so we ditched the TV and we all went outside to play.