Monday, February 16, 2009

Party's Over

We made it to the party and back. Violet had a pretty good time even if she didn't know many kids there. Out of the 15 attendees she knew the birthday girl, her sister and one other girl. She was also a year or two older than the other kids, some were even younger. Which in Violet's case helped her I think. It gave her a little more confidence.

It was at an "exer-arcade". It had a trampoline, rope swing, climbing wall and foam pit like a gymnastics studio, but also arcade games like Wii and a bunch of others I hadn't heard of. The coaches working there also set up an obstacle course which Violet really enjoyed going through.

Getting there wasn't as bad as it could have been. Traffic was better than usual since it was President's Day. Not too many parents stayed. I did since it was so far away and I really didn't know any places around it. That was my formal excuse. The real one was I wanted to be there if Violet had a breakdown. But she didn't. She told me afterward she almost did towards the end, but one of the coaches noticed her standing there and offered to help her try the rope swing. That lady wins my "You Go Girl" award of the day. Violet's rating of the rope swing: not her thing, but she was glad she gave it a go.

On the way home we stopped at McDonald's and we got lunch. I'm not a fan of McD's, but Violet is. I had one of their salads. I do like those. Then we stopped at the bank (which was actually open) and at the library. We took the rest of the day off. I worked out when we got home. Violet read books and played. Tomorrow we'll hit the school books again.

3 comments:

MOM #1 said...

I'm glad all went well at the party, I was thinking about Little Miss Violet today. Hurray for being such an awesome Party Trooper, Supergirl that she is!

I don't know why kids like McDonald's so much. I despise it; however, I have not tried their salads. Maybe I'll give one of those a "go" next time Baby Boy talks me into going there.

Mother Mayhem said...

You rock, Violet!

LOVE Big Macs. ;o)

The Old Gray Mare said...

I'm glad all went smoothly!

I'm weird. I actually like McD's.