Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Mr. Incredible

Yes, the Mister turned 42 today. Funny that's he's so old. I'm 28. Bwahahaha.

Anyway, he was off from work today and he and Violet really stepped up to take care of the themselves. I worked a lot today in preparation for major work next week. Still assuming of course that the evil plan all falls into place.

I do feel a lot better about one thing. I was fretting over the 6-8 inches of snow predicted to hit by Saturday morning and driving out to pick up the cookies. Mr. I said he'd go get them for me if the roads are bad. Isn't he wonderful? He said to tell him exactly where to go and what to do and what he should pick up. That won't be a problem at all. They run cookie pickups with such efficiency. And they are completely accustomed to dads coming for them.

Tomorrow Violet and I have seats for the Chinese acrobats at our theater. The show was sold out so we couldn't get Mr. I a ticket when he found out last week that he had the day off. But since he's stepping up hanging out with Violet and some of my other duties while I work extra hours, he was just as glad to have a few hours to do his own thing. He would have taken her if I'd asked. But I hate to have him go through the parking issues and getting seated by the usher issues if he's willing to get the cookies for me Saturday. I'm afraid being harassed by an usher would be a cookie deal breaker.

After the show we are going to stop by the library and Violet is going to check out all the books she can carry. Next week's school assignments are all independent reading. Except for Japan Day. Remember how we were going to have Ireland Day on Monday? Well, that has morphed into Japan Day (since we have the great box from Sabrina and Violet still hasn't made her way through all the cool stuff) and it has been moved to Tuesday. I figure on Monday Mr. I will be working from home. He and Violet are in charge of Monday's dinner. Anything they want. But Tuesday he'll be gone all day and it will just be the two of us. Violet's going to need some Freakmom time at some point. We'll look at a bunch of Girl Scout of Japan info I found, make teriyaki chicken, and try out some of the Japanese candies and gum.

All this planning and prep work. I'm getting everything done ahead of time for next week that I possibly can. What do you think the odds are that this whole project is still going to fall through the ice and not happen? The money will be very nice if it comes through. But if it falls through and I don't have to work 50 hours next week, I won't be altogether crushed either. That's a lot of work. I'm not sure how I'm going to pull this off yet.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Aw, Happy Birthday to Mr. Incredible (who is 8 months younger than my hubby... lol).

It sounds like you have a busy week ahead. Enjoy the acrobats!

Garden State Kate said...

Happy Birthday to Mr I!!
Maybe we should change his name to Mr Wonderful? lol
Hoping for a smooth week ahead for you.

MOM #1 said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. I! He sure sounds like a keeper. Good luck on that big job coming up.