Friday, February 20, 2009

Waiting

Tonight I am waiting.

Waiting for the snow to hit. I'm pretty sure Mr. I will be doing the cookie pick up for me. I wish he didn't have to. But they are calling for 4-8 inches of snow still coming down heavily in the morning. You'd think they'd reschedule the cookie pick up, but it never seems to work that way. They have the loan of the warehouse for a very short period. They have the workers to move them for a very short period. It is one of the aspects I hate about Girl Scouts and won't miss when we leave the program.

Waiting for the project. Spoke with the manager briefly this morning. She's sick as a dog. She had a doctor's appointment then was going go to the client's office to get the files and the money. Tonight and tomorrow she's tied up with a wake and funeral of someone rather close to her. It is really nice of her to meet with me tomorrow night. She's going to call after the funeral. I must remember to be extra nice that she's going out of her way to help make this happen. Today I teased her that I was bringing a big bottle of Purell with me to her house. I wasn't kidding.

Took Violet to the library today after the theater. She checked out a ton of books to read next week. And we've been pulling out puzzles, games and crafts she can do mostly on her own. I also gave the house a good once over cleaning. It should do until next weekend.

I can't wait until the next week is over.

2 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Best of luck for a grueling week!

Wendy said...

I hope the cookie delivery worked out and that the snow held off for you. (Waiting for cookies here... Where is that kid who sold them to me last month??? Neeeeeeddddd chocolate!)

If I could take the snow away and have it here, I would gladly do so.

You have my sympathy for the jam-packed week ahead, and I hope it goes by quickly!