Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Deep Breaths

Sorry I can't post much tonight. I have to go take deep breaths and try to relax.

I can't write about the fact that Roland Burris, our newest Senator from Illinois, may be kicked out because he lied about his involvement with King Blago the Idiot before his appointment. In Burris' defense, I think he's senile. I think he honestly forgot his conversations and that why his story keeps changing. Maybe there was a good reason he had retired from politics.

I can't write about Girl Scouts. I'm a bit pissed at a few people. The cookies will be in Saturday. I intend to eat an entire box before I even drive home from picking them up.

I can't write about work. Still haven't heard about the big project. Guess we aren't getting it. But I'd like to know so I can go on with my life and not keep everything open just in case I'm swamped. I'm also a bit miffed at the manager who can't answer a question I've asked her 3 times now, but can ask me if I've gotten an answer from a government agency yet - after they'd only been open 3 hours since the holiday weekend.

I can't write about Mr. I's work. Still don't know what's going on there.

I can't write about school. Violet had one of those 9 year old days when she was more interested in playing with Barbies than doing school. But she did do her work when prompted. I'm least irritated with her than almost anyone else on the planet right now.

I did IM with an old friend for a few minutes this morning. He recently got married and they bought a new house. I'm very happy for them. But his dad has had major medical problems and I'm so sorry about that. His dad is a truly nice man. A real good guy.

So, it is time to breath deeply and clear my head. I need to forget it all and start fresh tomorrow. We might get up to 3 inches of snow overnight and tomorrow.

I don't want to think about it.

5 comments:

Mother Mayhem said...

Snow? Sigh.

Eat the cookies.

Ami said...

Oh dear. It sounds like an awful lot. I hope things smooth out very soon.

MOM #1 said...

You may need to get some Oreos to hold you over until the Girl Scout cookies get there.


Go back to bed.

Garden State Kate said...

I agree with Mom#1...go back to bed and pull the blankets over your head..that way you don't have to share the cookies!

I hope things get better soon.(hugs)

retha said...

Yes yes to all and maybe a bit of chocolate as well.

Maybe your senator is related to any of the politicians here. And he forgot he is not here, there you will get fired here you can expect an increase and a promotion.