Tuesday, February 10, 2009

School Closed

We here at the Freak Family Homeschool (hey, that would be a good real school name!) were forced to cancel most of our classes today due to the weather. The wonderful taste of Spring weather we had! It was too nice to be inside. Outside it was 60 degrees and sunny.

Violet and I cleaned up the bird feeders and bunny feeding station out back. We cleaned the bird poop off her swings so she could try those out (they were squeaking something terrible). She practiced jump rope, hula hoop and balancing on her bike in the front. (She has 2 flat tires so she got out of trying to actually ride her bike for now. She hasn't mastered that yet. Maybe this will be the Spring.) And she did some sidewalk chalk drawings.

Tomorrow the forecast is for chillier and rainy weather, so school will be back in session. What's the point of being off school when you can't play outside?

5 comments:

Gerky said...

Our weather was absolutely beautiful yesterday too. Gotta love above normal temps. :-)
I awarded you a bloggy e-ward. You can see it here. http://homefrontlines.blogspot.com/2009/02/i-gots-award.html
Gerky

Garden State Kate said...

You school like I do!
lol We were couch monkeys yesterday,
but today the sun is coming out....

MOM #1 said...

Well that sounds like a great day of lessons in Family Bonding. Very important stuff!

Mother Mayhem said...

I think I saw a horse fly by...

Wendy said...

Yup, we enjoyed the taste of spring too. It was lovely. Now it is cooling down again.

I took your advice; I haven't been hard on the boys this week. :-D

And I have something for you at my blog!