Saturday, February 14, 2009

Updates

Although I've blogged several times this week, I don't feel like I've told you anything that's going on. Maybe I have. I just like to repeat myself.

Did I tell you Violet got 2 new goldfish last weekend? She got fancier goldfish this time instead of feeder fish. So far they seem to be hardier. Day 8 and Peanut and Almond are both still alive and swimming.

Mr. Incredible may have to go out of town the last weekend in February. He's trying to work it out so that if he does, it won't be next weekend when he is taking Violet to a birthday party. Mr. I's company is closing its one remaining branch office and the few remaining employees will be working from home. Mr. I may have to go help remove the equipment and get the employees set up from home. We usually like to tag along when he goes there. The office is near Minneapolis and we love Mall of America and have zoo memberships at the Minnesota Zoo. But this trip won't lend itself to us tagging along. We'd have to either stay at the hotel the whole time or be dropped off and picked up somewhere as Mr. I will need the car to get from location to location. That's too much to add to an already stressful trip.

I am trying to talk Mr. I into taking a couple of hours and stopping by the zoo himself before heading home. There's a new bear exhibit that we haven't seen yet. I say he really deserves a couple of hours to see it and relax before driving home. He says he'd want to see it with us. I say he can take us another time. He finally said, "well, maybe" with a distant look in his face like he was already enjoying the exhibit. I do hope he goes. To the zoo that is. He isn't sure the trip will be required or not. If he doesn't have to go that would be even better.

Violet wants to learn to sew. I can kind of sew. I tend to swear a lot when I do it. I promised her we would buy her some equipment of her own and find her a nice sewing box. And the next day we don't have to go anywhere and I don't have any stressful work hanging over my head, we'd try some. We have some material that we planned to make into a pillow case for her.

We made brownies for Mr. I for Valentine's Day. Brownies are his absolute favorite dessert. We made them Ace of Cakes style: bigger, badder, awesome. I'll post pictures eventually, but we made the brownies in some heart shaped cake pans we have. He liked them.

Tonight we made a heart shaped pizza for dinner. And I made a spinach, tomato and mozzarella salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Very fancy.

Not much planned for tomorrow. I have one project for work to try to finish up. A research assignment. I worked on it for quite a while today and came up empty handed. I really should have some answers by now.

I had a chance to go to a homeschool curriculum give away on Friday. A local charity had received a donation of unused materials and wanted to get it to homeschoolers. We were all assigned times and mine was fairly early, but even by then most of the stuff was pretty picked over. I did get a middle school astronomy program that might be useful, a writing program CD, and (the best item) a set of Brain Quest cards on Hispanic America. The CD is pretty old, but it should still work on Violet's computer. I guess I should fire it up tomorrow. The Brain Quest cards are cool though. They cover geography, Spanish language, history and famous people of Hispanic descent. I told Violet it would just be for fun to look through them, not a school subject. That made them more interesting right there.

Tonight Violet's forehead is burning up and she's not feeling well. I took her temperature but it came up normal. We have a pretty lame thermometer so I never really take it as accurate. I gave her some Tylenol and she's getting ready for bed.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I'm off to eat even more brownies.

3 comments:

MOM #1 said...

I'm glad the new goldfish seem to be taking to living well, LOL. I hope Violet feels better soon. Fevers suck.

Garden State Kate said...

Hope Mr I's trip goes well, Violet feels better soon, and the fish are still alive when you blog next.
Happy Valentines Day!

Donna said...

Glad to hear the two new goldfish are doing well but sorry to hear Violet is under the weather : (
Hope she feels better soon!