Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Holy Cripes

You know the saying it's all or nothing? Or how about what a difference a day makes? Man oh man, are they true.

At four this afternoon I had no major work on the horizon. The snow predicted hadn't come. And Mr. Incredible was going to be off for his birthday tomorrow and we were going to the zoo.

At five the phone rang. It was the Senior Manager. The big job was finally coming through. The chart review project I've been waiting nearly 2 weeks on. The guy is supposed to bring the records to the office on Friday along with a down payment. It will all be due the following Friday. One week to do 35-40 hours of work. That's doable. But she suggested getting me the info on Monday afternoon. And we have plans to be out of town all day the next Friday. Now I'm down to three and half days, no day care, no way Mr. I can take off next week. I asked if there was any way to get it Saturday and Sunday, and there was. Whew. Saturday night I go to her house to get the stuff. Mr. I and Violet will be gone all day Sunday which will give me a really good head start.

I call my folks, they have been wanting to take Violet downtown for a day of sightseeing. Any chance they can do it next week? We have a tentative date and location (which will be blogged about after the fact since this is a public blog). They'll have fun. Provided the weather cooperates.

That brings us up to 6:30 when Mr. I comes home and says the roads are the worst they've been all winter. The snow started sometime after 4 and it all turned icy. He didn't think he was actually going to stop at one intersection. We check tomorrow's forecast, cold and windy and low wind chills. No zoo. That's okay, I don't think any of us mind too much.

Except (there had to be an except you know), there's a new storm watch for Friday and Saturday. Big winter storm might be heading this way. Up to 6 inches of snow. I have to pick up the Girl Scout cookies Saturday morning. Crap. I really, really hope this one passes us by. And doesn't keep client guy from dropping off the files and check. And doesn't keep Senior Manager from picking it up. And doesn't keep me from getting to her house Saturday night.

Sigh.

If the weather cooperates I think it will all fall into place nicely. If not, I'm screwed. The weather has really cooperated with me all winter so far. I'm afraid I may be in for it this time.

Can't type more, I have to cross my fingers.

3 comments:

Mother Mayhem said...

Time to break out the snow shoes! :o)

Garden State Kate said...

Be safe, and good luck!!

MOM #1 said...

Oh my. That's a lot of contingencies. I'll be crossing my fingers too. I'm with Mother Mayhem . . . better break out those snow shoes, LOL.