Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tired

This entry will be short. I feel like I've spent the entire weekend sitting here at my computer working. I didn't accomplish much. I tried. I really did. I just couldn't find the answers they wanted. I think it will be back to bite me in the behind later this week.

Tomorrow morning I have to get up early, get Violet up early, postpone my workout, drive her to a birthday party about an hour away that neither of us really wants to go to, and try to get her through it without a melt down. She doesn't usually shine at birthday parties. Crowds aren't her thing. We really got roped into this party. It was nice that she was invited. But we don't know them all that well, and I don't think we will become particularly close in the years to come.

On the way home I'm going to take her out to McDonald's for lunch. Then we're stopping by the library. The day will be pretty much shot.

Violet was feeling better today. She didn't feel hot any more, but she did say her throat hurt. Not enough to skip the party. I think she kind of wants to go. But kind of doesn't. Does anyone else's kid get like this? Doesn't want to miss out, but really doesn't want to be there either. Doesn't join in, but likes to watch from a distance.

I'm tired. I don't want to deal with it. The drive. The party. The likely meltdown that will occur. The comments from the other parents. The disapproval from the Mr. who means well but just doesn't get it. And the fall out from work that will likely be waiting for me once I get home.

4 comments:

MOM #1 said...

It sounds like you need to catch a cold (nudge-nudge-wink-wink) so that you can take the day off and avoid all of the drama. Living drama free is its own reward.

Mother Mayhem said...

Hug?

The Old Gray Mare said...

Oh dear. You'll be in my thoughts & prayers.

retha said...

I hope it goes much better than anybody thought it would. And by now most of the day is likely over for you.