Saturday, February 21, 2009

Underway

All my waiting is over. I can get to work. The client has paid enough money up front for me to do 25 hours of work. He is supposed to pay more on Monday when he drops the rest of the files off at the office. They'll messenger me the files on Tuesday.

This morning at 8 am I took off in the snow to go pick up the cookies. We'd gotten about 3 or 4 inches of snow overnight. I only slid once going around a corner. Violet got her neighborhood orders delivered (although the mom wasn't home next door, we left the cookies anyway with a note with the amount due - she's good for it). Violet sorted all her other orders plus separated the boxes for the other homeschool Juliettes. One family picked theirs up while I was out just a few minutes ago.

The manager called about 3:15, they were running late. The funeral was packed, she said over 500 people were there. She had to cancel her hair appointment that she really wanted to keep - she's heading off to a big convention this week and presenting at it. She called again when they got home, about 5:00. I headed over, through the snow and blowing drifts. Most of the snow had ended by then. We got about 6 inches total. But the main road between our houses was pretty snow covered. But I didn't slide at all. Of course, I didn't go particularly fast either.

I've now been training on what to do, have the materials, and am back home. I'm going to go take a quick shower, put on my jammies, then get started on it. The manager said to feel free to call her at home tomorrow after they get back from church. We both agreed that no one had better question our firm loyalty.

One quick note, that will mean more to me than anyone else. Turns out the manager has just as many problems with our IT department as I do. She works from home about half time and is at clients and the office the rest. They don't get her equipment that meets her needs or listens to what actually works for those of us away from the office. It isn't just me who doesn't feel the love from IT. That makes me feel better.

Time to quit stalling, here I go.......

1 comment:

MOM #1 said...

Sounds like you're heading fast and furious in the right direction. Good Luck!