Saturday, January 31, 2009

Finally Proud to be Illinoisan Again

Did you all watch the Illinois news this week? We finally got that nutjob out of our government. It was a happy day in Illinois again! Late Thursday night our State Senate impeached our corrupt governor. Kicked his sorry ass right out of office. Now all that is left is for the federal government to prosecute him for trying to sell Omaba's Senate seat and all the other federal charges he's up for.

Governor Quinn is such a welcome sight. We figured all the other politicians were showing up at his old place with boxes, trucks and dollies to help him move into the governor's mansion. "Hey, Pat, let me grab that lamp for you. We'll get this stuff, you go fix our State."

First he probably needed to dust it. That was everyone's first clue that something was wrong with Blago. He refused to move into the governor's mansion. Someone gives you a huge beautiful house to live in, even temporarily, and you say no? Nutjob!

Did you hear how he left the impeachment hearings before the verdict? Yes, he wanted to fly home to Chicago by private helicopter on the taxpayer's dime one more time before he was forcibly removed from office. Sweet, huh? Yes, he's all about serving the Illinois people just like he says. Serving us what and where he's sticking it, isn't for a family blog like this one, but I think you know what I mean. (And I'm guessing I've lost most of my readers by now. I know you don't come here to listen to me rant on about state politics. Thanks for sticking with me this long if you have, and don't worry, I won't mind if you leave now and come back next entry. I understand.)

Did he really believe everyone was out to get him? Well, maybe we all were. Because he is a scumbag and a crook and a nutjob. But the real kicker, did you hear how he compared himself to Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi? If that isn't enough to convince you the man is a nutjob, I've got some swamp land to sell you. Blago just like Ghandi. Uh huh. How stupid does he thing we are.

I guess many Illiniosans were stupid. I mean we did elect him to office twice. I am proud of the fact that I did not vote for him the second time he ran. By that point I knew he was bad news. I had no idea how bad. For the only time in my life I voted for a republican for a major office. (You all knew I'm a flaming liberal demoncrat, didn't you? I'm sure you guessed.) At least I can say I didn't re-elect the nutjob.

Governor Quinn has his work cut out for him. The State is more than 6 months behind on payments to doctors, nursing homes, schools. And those programs were horribly underfunded to begin with. For instance, the state is supposed to pay 50% of school expenses, yet they only actually pay 25%. It's in the state constitution, yet it doesn't happen. That's only the tip of the iceberg. Governor Quinn has a big, big job to do. Long live Quinn!

If you made it all the way through my post, thank you. You are either from Illinois too or are a really loyal reader. I promise tomorrow (or whenever I get around to posting next) I'll be back to my usual banter. I had to get this off my chest. Now I have to go disinfect myself. Writing about Blago has made me feel all slimy. Ewww.

5 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Well, I'm totally glad I read all the way down to the bottom of that post. I was wondering how real Illinoisans were feeling about all of this.

I didn't even know people from Illinois were called Illinoisans, LOL.

Anyway, I have to admit . . . after I saw him on The View I kept wavering back and forth between feeling sorry for him to feeling sorry for all of y'all for having his crazy butt as governor.

What a trip! Glad you're happy with Quinn.

SabrinaT said...

I saw him on the news talking about how he was being persecuted because he was trying to help the poor! What a JOKE! From what I have heard of the tapes he was totally crooked.

Garden State Kate said...

I couldn't figure him out at all,
but good for you getting on with the business of the state!
I hope things get better for you all.

Garden State Kate said...

I couldn't figure him out at all,
but good for you getting on with the business of the state!
I hope things get better for you all.

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

I'm so glad he's OUT of there. I think you're channeling a lot of the feeling coming from Illinois right now. OK. Good. Now let's get back to the business of running the state.