Saturday, February 28, 2009

4 Hours Left

By the time I'm done writing this post, there will only be 4 hours left of February. If you ask me this month cannot end too soon. February is always hard, always busy. This month seemed worse than usual.

By the time March gets here you can pretty much consider it spring. Sure there may be another snow, but it won't be that bad or last very long. Sure it will be cold and windy, but it won't be 10 below zero before wind chill. March is the busiest month of the year for my department at work, but the work I do is a bit different, so I don't get the stress like the rest of them do. I remember the stress all too well from when I was full time, so I try to lay low all month, and just be ready to help as needed.

In February, Violet had three theater shows, a field trip to the water park, two birthday parties, Mr. Incredible's birthday, Valentine's Day, Groundhog Day, Girl Scout cookies, Japan Day, and a field trip to the Field Museum. What a month!

I worked over 100 hours, almost half of them in the last week. I drove through a big snow storm twice in the same day. Mr. Incredible had a pay cut and his responsibilities and hours increased. The economy went further into the toilet. There was more, but I've blocked it out of my memory.

But now it is almost spring. I can almost smell it. Actually that may be the house I haven't cleaned too much recently.

And in a spring-like note, there's an owl visiting our house tonight. He keeps landing on chimneys on our block and hooting to a friend of his, who hoots back. Mr. I keeps going out to watch him. One time he landed on our chimney so loudly, I thought he was going to fall in! Can you imagine? An owl falling down the chimney and landing in the fireplace? What on earth do you do when that happens. Luckily our owl is coordinated, just loud.

I wonder what March will bring?

2 comments:

Maddy said...

Good grief. I think I'd hate February too if I had a schedule like yours.

As for an owl falling down the chimney, I feel I should come up with some sage advice, but sadly this is completely out of my knowledge base.

WElcome March! Pinch, punch fist of the month, no returns for ever.
Best wishes

Garden State Kate said...

Hope March is so much better..I saw an owl down the chimney on tv once..people had to call Animal Control to get it out. Poor thing.