Saturday, February 7, 2009

Melting!

After a full month on the ground, I got up this morning to see that the snow was really melting! I can see some blades of grass sticking up through it. What a beautiful sight!

Of course, once the snow melts the ground will be brown and muddy and ugly. But the snow was getting to be brown and icky and ugly. It was time for the change.

Our high temp for today is supposed to be 50! We haven't seen anything that warm in months. Oh sure, it is going back down in a day or two, but it is a welcome break. I was just telling Violet yesterday that once you get to February you can breath easier that winter is almost over. Only another month or so and we're home free.

Sure we've had lots of snow and cold, but the winter hasn't seemed that bad this year. I think partly because I didn't really drive any where in it this year. I avoided going out. Also I didn't have an infection all winter that culminated in a root canal this year. Thank goodness that happened last year while we had dental insurance! (Technically we still have dental, but it is a self-insurance plan through Mr. I's work and I can't imagine we'll actually get reimbursement for anything at this point).

Yippee, yahoo, Spring is almost here!

I wonder if my capris fit?

7 comments:

Wendy said...

We are also experiencing that lovely warm front... We're looking at a week in the 50's. Mmm. A nice change!

I'm looking forward to getting outside into the warm sun and fresh air. How about the Freakfamily? lol

MOM #1 said...

Yippee on all accounts!!!

SabrinaT said...

It is beautiful here today! We are going to enjoy the weather!

Dana Leeds said...

We live where it is "always" warm and enjoyed a day in the mid 70's today. I do miss snow, but I love our warm weather!

Thanks for recommending the Lincoln book on my blog!

Dana

Burb Bunny said...

Snow and ice have all but vanished here as well. Happy sigh.

retha said...

Glad your snow is starting to melt and winter is coming to an end. That means we will be getting winter. That I do not like too much even though our temperatures does not go that low.

The Old Gray Mare said...

The weather is crazy! Last week we had about 5 inches of snow on the ground and sub-zero temps.

Saturday was in the 60's! We visited Brownie on campus & the boys were playing outside in shorts without shirts.

Yep, spring is in the air!