Thursday, February 26, 2009

Done

I finished most of the work yesterday. This morning I reviewed some things, made some notes, made some minor corrections, and sent the work in. I stalled a little before I sent it, but the e-mail went out by noon. I told them I'd be available until 6 pm tonight, then not available until 8 am Saturday. Our office works Saturdays this time of year. Didn't hear from anyone. At 6 pm I set my away message for voice mail and e-mail. I'm done.

Thank goodness. I couldn't take much more of it.

I managed to keep working out every day as I worked the 10-12 hour days. I mainly did yoga though. My stomach hurt from Sunday through Wednesday. I thought it might be the flu, but I really think it was just stress. Just stress. Ha. At least half of all Americans are probably going around right now with stomach aches due to Stress Flu.

Yesterday Violet and my folks went to the Field Museum in Chicago. They had a blast. It was Violet's first trip there. They have plans to go back again.

Tomorrow we are signed up for an indoor waterpark trip with the homeschool group. That is, if the roads aren't too icy in the morning. What a kick in the pants that will be. If you'd asked us this morning if we still wanted to go, the answer would have been a big "not really." But after relaxing all day and re-engerizing we are both ready to go. We have plans to have lunch with another family we know that is going. Violet has plans for what slides and activities she wants to do. We even have plans to meet my folks on our way home. And to top it all off, I could have sold one of our tickets today, someone was looking for an extra.

So if it is icy and we can't go, what bust. But the rain is supposed to stop over night and the wind pick up as the temperature drops. That should keep the roads clear so we can drive there. It will be cold tomorrow, but in theory not icy. We'll have to see.

My friend who's going tomorrow and I are wondering what all the other homeschool moms would say if they saw us at 10 am with a pitcher of margaritas. Will they be shocked, outraged and disturbed? Or will they try to join in our party? I don't know many of the others who are going, so I suspect some of each.

Oh well, we'll chicken out and not drink. At least not on this trip. We'll save it for a ladies' weekend out. But it would be fun to the see the looks on their faces!

3 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

After your week..go for it!
Enjoy your "time off" with your family..wishing you a non-icy drive
and lots of fun!!

Fatcat said...

Congratulations on getting it all done!

MOM #1 said...

I'm so glad you got all of that work done! Good for you!

Did you get to go to the water park? Inquiring minds want to know. Did Violet have fun?