Monday, December 1, 2008

Working hard

Work is really busy right now so I haven't been posting like I should. I spend most of my computer time actually working. I'm not complaining. I'll take all the work they throw at me. Well, to a point, but I doubt they'll overstep that point.

The Thanksgiving leftovers are eaten or in the freezer. If I can remember we'll put turkey soup in the crock pot tomorrow. The homeschool Juliettes are coming over tomorrow afternoon. More about that in a minute.

Violet and I have been playing Wii Sports for our exercise. It has been fun. She's really good at tennis. She has a wicked serve. I think she is better than me at most of the sports except bowling. Not that I'm the slightest bit good at it. Just a tad better than she is. I stink at boxing. Ticks me off. I spent sooooo many hours in the karate studio as a kid. I think there is a problem with the program. I can't be that bad.

Mr. Incredible ordered us Wii Fit this afternoon. He had registered with Amazon to get a notification when they had it in stock. He got the message today and was able to order it! Yippee!! That will round out our homeschool P.E. curriculum quite nicely.

Back to the Juliettes. They are coming tomorrow to earn their Cookies Count Try-it badge. Number 2 of 3 for Violet to help them with to earn her Junior Aide patch. I drove through a snow storm to Council today to check out the cookie costumes for them to wear. I'll try to get Violet to pose for pictures so I can post them for you to see.

We're going to discuss their goals for the cookie sale. I plan to tell them that their goals don't have to be the number of boxes sold. A great goal could be to add up their own sales form, or maybe to ask people in a loud, clear voice, or even to say thank you to everyone. Next we're going to play Cookie Bingo, a game designed by my product sales committee buddy. It is really fun and teaches them about sales and safety. We're going to do cookie pictures, using cut outs of cookies. And finally we'll play Cookie Buckets, like the old Bozo buckets. We have a bunch of questions about cookie sales, cookies, and safety, but really throwing the ping pong balls in the flower pots is the fun part.

Everyone is bringing some Christmas cookies to share. It should be a fun afternoon. Sometime at the end of January we'll do the third and last one. I'm letting Violet pick out the Try-it for that one. (We'll just make sure none of the girls have it already).

Here's a cookie picture sample that Violet did last year:



Isn't she talented?

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I totally understand. I've been spending less time posting, and more time doing stuff that NEEDS to get done (rather than stuff I want to get done). It's a balancing act.

Please post about Wii Fit when you've received it and played it!

Anonymous said...

VERY talented. :o)

Ami said...

I looked at those cookies in the cute picture... and all I can think of is, wow, that's quite a few very expensive cookies.

:-D

I love that you host Juliettes. I really miss 'my' girls.

oh, and tag! On November 30th I posted a Christmas meme and tagged a bunch of people. You're one. No obligation, but wanted to make sure everyone I tagged knows about it.

Garden State Kate said...

Wii Fit looks like fun. We don't have a Wii, but there has been some talk..lol.
I like the sound of your cookie activities and your ideas on "goals".

The Old Gray Mare said...

Hey, you don't find a great cookie artist on every corner!

We finished the last of our left overs yesterday. I made a huge casserole of scalloped potatoes & ham. It was really good, but thank goodness it's all finally gone!

I really wouldn't mind another piece of pie though.