Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ack

We just got an e-mail from the CEO at work. Another 9 people have been laid off. One of them had worked for the company forever when I started 14 years ago. They were mostly support type staff and marketing. How long before they decide the research and behind the scenes work I do is a luxury they can live without?

Violet and I are talking that perhaps this isn't a good year to leave her cookie sales form in the breakroom there. We have a few weeks to decide. I'll ask my boss for her opinion. My boss is one of Violet's biggest customers.

In happier news, I was back at it with Wii Fit this morning.

More happy news, Violet got her stuffed polar bears and t-shirt for selling Fall Product Sale goodies. Still waiting on her J-Bucks and a necklace. She wasn't concerned about the necklace, but I'm going to ask next week about the J-Bucks if I don't hear anything. The necklace has an ETA of a day or two. We were told ahead of time that the necklace was missing and we could wait to pick it all up. I knew Violet was in a hurry for the bears, so I said we'd get the necklace when it arrives separately. The pickup location is less than 3 miles away.

Violet's spent much of today working on drawings and paintings of fairies. She got this book the other day, and loves it:



Must keep thinking happy thoughts. Hope you all have good news today!

3 comments:

MOM #1 said...

OOhhh aren't those lay offs scarey?! I'm sure they know they'd never be the same without Freakmom's special services.

Hope Violet gets her J-Bucks (What exactly ARE J-bucks?)

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

Dad Windu's company is feeling the brunt too. They just let one of the engineers go that had been with the company for 30 years.

30.years.

That just breaks my heart.

Ami said...

Everyone's getting kicked in the, er, posterior by the economy.

We're all in the same boat, and unfortunately, the only people with paddles are steering us in the wrong direction.

Sending good thoughts.