Monday, December 22, 2008

The Alleged Gingerbread Doghouse

With another day with the high temperature hovering around zero, it was a good day to stay indoors. After having it for weeks, Violet finally made her gingerbread kit. We buy a kit every year. When I saw this one in the store, I didn't even bother to ask her, I knew she'd like it. One day we'll be brave and make one from scratch. This wasn't the year. Maybe next year.




Her doghouse turned out really cute. Here's the view from the top:




And here's a photo that neither Violet not I remember taking:



Kinda makes you wonder doesn't it? In the past our cat has tried to take licks from the gingerbread houses. This year we accidentally caught her on film. Well, on digital.

I did make it out to the grocery store this morning. Mr. Incredible was working from home so Violet didn't have to go out. I joked when I got back that whenever there is a break in the weather, I go to the grocery store. I think I'm starting to hoard food.

We're expecting another snow storm tomorrow. Mr. Incredible's boss called after dinner to tell him not to go in to the office if it looked bad. Mr. Incredible had been hoping to swap out a hard drive in one of the servers, or something to that effect, so he's going to decide in the morning if he should go in. I think the bad stuff isn't going to hit until later so he'll probably go. Problem is, he was wanting to stay late to do the work after everyone leaves, so he might be coming home in some pretty icky stuff. We'll see. Mr. Incredible is pretty level-headed about these things.

Violet and I made oatmeal raisin cookies this afternoon. See what being cooped up in the cold will do to you? I can almost feel my fat jeans getting tight. Better do a few extra rounds of Wii Fit hula hoop tomorrow morning.

4 comments:

Ami said...

Love the gingerbread house.
When we make one, we use a kit, too. The fun part is decorating it, not mixing the stuff and making it.

We didn't do one this year. I guess that's a good idea, since we don't have a cat anyway. :)

SabrinaT said...

That turned out great!
Stay warm and safe with all the weather...

Anonymous said...

Naughty kitty! ;o)

Wendy said...

That is too funny. One of my cats also gets his face into every edible (and many non-edible!) items that he can.

I love the Snoopy on the house!