Sunday, December 21, 2008

Oh so cold

Today's high never got over zero. The wind chill was around minus 30 all day. It was cold. In fact we were under a blizzard warning most of the day. Now if you didn't know you could have a blizzard without snow falling, don't feel bad. I didn't know either and I've lived my entire life here in the frozen Midwest. Apparently it has to do with visibility and wind chill more than actual snow falling. We had a lot of blowing snow, many roads were hazardous or closed, and consequently a blizzard warning all day.

Mr. Incredible intended to go out shopping today. But the town he wanted to go to was North of here. Many North-South roads were hazardous. The one he would have had to take has a lot of open fields on both sides which would lead to lots of blowing, drifting snow. I wasn't worried about his driving ability, or his Jeep. But I was worried about all the idiots who would be out on the roads, in their little cars without 4-wheel drive, or thinking their 4-wheel drive makes them immune to bad roads. I was just as glad when he decided not to go.

Today we got the cookies made. Peanut butter with chocolate kisses stuck on top. Yummy! And we got some presents wrapped. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Remember my friend who was let go before Thanksgiving? I heard from her tonight. She's been doing some freelance work. And she was contacted by one of our former co-workers to do some more freelance at the organization he's now at. I'm so happy for her! It will lead to full time soon I'm sure.

Time to go put on my fuzzy feet. Brrrr!

1 comment:

The Old Gray Mare said...

We had wind chills below zero last night. We don't have any snow, just cold & wind.

My gifts are wrapped and under the tree. Cookie baking is planned for one day this week. I plan to make some appetizer things also that I can freeze and then pop in the oven as needed.

Try to keep warm!