Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Good day

It was a good day today. A busy day. In fact it has been a busy week. I'll share some highlights with you.

This morning I got up early and exercised with Wii Fit again. It was the 14th day in a row I've done some exercising! Go me! Not all days have been long, but I've done at least a little every day. And some days I have done a lot. My weight was back up, but since we are only talking tenths of pounds here, there really isn't need to get excited. I was still down from my first day, so that is good.

We had tickets for The Nutcracker at the local theater today. It was performed by a local amateur ballet company. It definitely wasn't professional grade, but it was fun. Now you know my problems with this theater. Non-existent today. We found a parking place. We took in our gift for the local nursing home (the not-for-profit theater was collecting gifts for them - I used to do a lot of consulting there back in the day and miss them, so we participated in the gift collection). We found an usher. He took us in and showed us our seats, right up front. Then he said the oddest thing. "If it were me, I'd move back to the middle. There is plenty of room there and you can see so much better." What?? An usher as weird as us!! You'll be glad to know I refrained from kissing him right there in the theater, but I wanted to! Well we took his advice (in your face mean ushers from past performances) and found two nice seats a few rows back on the left. He was suggesting many people move back and they all did and seemed to like it very much. Of course there were only about 50 people in attendance and the theater can hold 800 I believe (I'm not bothering to look it up right now, let's just say the theater was practically empty.)

After the show we stopped by Cookie's house (remember Violet's little friend from over the summer?) and dropped off her cookie sale information. She's a Juliette this year too. Her mom is organizing a field trip to a water park in February so we dropped off our payment at the same time. Then we went to the Girl Scout Council office so Violet could buy this:



She used her J-Bucks (which are like gift certificates she earns for selling fall products and cookies). Here's the full scoop. To earn the stuffed pony this year she will have to sell 150 boxes of cookies. (She always likes to earn the stuffed toy). Frankly, I don't think we'll get that many boxes in sales. Did you know, the economy has tanked? I'm sure you've heard that somewhere or another. :grin: Anyway, several of her past customers from my office and Mr. Incredible's office are no longer employed. So are a few from Grandpa's breakfast buddies. And a couple of others have gone and joined Juliettes too! Her sales are going to be way down and I really don't want to be shaking people down to buy cookies, no matter how delicious they are. So I told her if she didn't sell 150 boxes, I'd buy her Cookie (that's the dog's name). Then I found out they are discontinuing Cookie! Revised deal: we buy Cookie now with J-Bucks and don't worry about how many boxes she sells. After all, it isn't her fault the economy is in the latrine.

After a stop for gas and at the library we finally got home at 3:30 to have lunch! We were hungry. A little later I checked e-mail for work. Remember Scary CEO? We got an e-mail from the senior partners that she has "left to pursue other career opportunities." Company speak for "we fired her ass." She'd been there just about 6 months. Hope I hear the inside story someday. I'm breathing easier that she's gone. I really didn't dislike her. I was truly scared that she'd have no qualms talking the partners into letting me go. I really do have a good relationship with the vast majority of the partners. I really do like working there. I wish her well in her other opportunities. And am doing a little happy dance tonight.

We're expecting more snow, sleet and ice tomorrow. We're not going anywhere. We had enough out and about for one week! Tomorrow we'll get ourselves lunch at a decent hour.

2 comments:

Fatcat said...

The extra 10th of a pound is probably due to the fact that you are building muscle. I need to get back on the exercise bandwagon. I've been awful lately.

Cookie is really cute. My daughter would LOVE him.

SabrinaT said...

I want a wii fit! Cookie is soo cute..