Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas if you celebrate it. If you don't, I hope you had an enjoyable Thursday. We had a nice day here.

Violet let us sleep in until 8:30. It pays to have a night owl sometimes. We hung out at home all day. That is something we insist on. We aren't going to let our kid open her presents then not get to play with them at all. Or worse, pack them unopened in the car and make her wait until evening to open them, and still not get to play with them.

I got some cool new kitchen things I wanted including an electric can opener. My little hand-held one fell apart last week. Luckily Mr. Incredible is a procrastinator, so it wasn't too late to ask for a new one. I love my one. I've never had an electric opener before. I am still going to pick up a hand held one for picnics, when the power goes out, camping. We have another old hand crank one, but I can't use it without many bad words being uttered. I need a better one.

I also got Alton Brown's Gadget book:



So I will be asking for many more kitchen tools in gift giving occasions to come. I love to cook. One day, I will become good at it.

We went out for a walk after it got dark out, hoping to see holiday lights on the neighbors' houses. There weren't many on, it looked like many people weren't home. Many of the sidewalks weren't shoveled. Mr. Incredible and Violet trudged through the snow, I walked in the street. Luckily there was hardly any traffic. It was also quite cold. Violet had a great time. I was freezing. It is supposed to warm up tonight and rain the next two days. All our snow will melt. That's quite a bummer.

Tonight's cold walk confirmed it for me: I need snow pants. I need them for walking and for snow shoeing. I never even thought about getting myself snow pants until a few weeks ago, heck I didn't even know they made grown up snow pants. But a real life friend of mine told me that she got a pair this year and the first thing she did was make a snow angel. I'm off to L.L. Bean's website to see if they are clearancing any.

Edited to add: No snow pants anywhere near the clearance price I was hoping for. I think I better look into old fashioned long underwear! Maybe I can bring back the leg warmer. I loved those.

3 comments:

MOM #1 said...

I still have some hot pink sparkle leg warmers leftover from my FLASHDANCE obsessed days, I'll send them to you if you really want them!

I'm glad you had a Merry Christmas!

Mom #2 loves Alton Brown, he is too technical to me . . . just tell me what to put the oven on and for how long . . . I'm not interested in the science of it all, LOL.

George Erdosh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Freakmom said...

Freakmom does not allow advertising in the comments on her blog. Good luck with your entrepreneurial ventures.