Saturday, December 6, 2008

Winter is here

Can I just say BRRRRR! The temperature currently is 14 degrees. Wind chill is 4. It is supposed to get down to 2 without wind chill. I don't want to hear about any of you Floridians or Texans complaining it is so cold you had to put on a sweatshirt. We went to hang Violet's ornament on the Girl Scout Christmas tree yesterday, it was 13 out. We couldn't stay to look at them all because the wind was blowing right through us, in the middle of the afternoon. Tonight was the tree lighting. We didn't go. BRRRRR!

Yesterday we went to see A Christmas Carol at the local theater, a school day performance. It was a musical. This theater troupe always puts on a great show. We really like their performances. We're strongly leaning towards only going to their shows next year. Well, provided I'm allowed to attend any more at all. I'm always causing trouble. Like insisting on only paying once for our tickets and not repaying when they miscredit our account. And asking if we can move from the front row seats to the back of the theater. The ushers seem to hate that. We hate front row. We were traumatized by a show last year when the performers came off the stage and tried to interact with us. GET BACK ON THE STAGE! Ack!

Did I say the show was really good? It was. No actors tried to make us part of the show. Thank goodness. Of course at bedtime last night Violet starts thinking about the Christmas spirits and gets herself all freaked out. Thank goodness for Mr. Incredible. One of his many talents is the ability to make her laugh with lots of body function noise jokes. I know, isn't he handsome and talented? You see why I married him. Who could pass up a guy who can make burping and farting noises in several different pitches and dialects. Swoon.

Tonight we watched Kung Fu Panda. None of us had seen it. It was an enjoyable flick. I made split pea soup for dinner. Violet tried it and voted no thank you. She heated up some leftover spaghetti instead. I won't make 2 dinners, but I don't object to someone heating up leftovers if they don't care for the entree.

Wii Fit is going fantastic! We are loving it. Violet and I have worked out for a few days now and really like it. Her favorites are yoga and strength training. Mine is aerobics, hula hoop and step. (Did I tell you this already? It seems really familiar as I type it.) I'm trying to get her to not pay attention to my scores, we should be working out for ourselves, not competing. I think if we had chosen to make our status private instead of public we wouldn't get the scores combined. I keep reminding her we have different backgrounds and different work out goals. Hers is to increase her upper body strength. Mine is to lose 5-10 pounds. I'll keep you posted on our progress.

We don't have any specific plans for tomorrow. There are lots of little projects to do around the house. Violet is almost finished with her scrapbook from the trip. We probably won't get out Christmas decorations until next weekend.

Keep warm! And send some of that 60 degree weather our way. It sounds really nice.

2 comments: