Thursday, November 27, 2008

10 Random Thoughts on Thanksgiving Evening

1. I am really full.

2. All that food DID NOT help my cause to get back to my skinny jeans.

3. Starting tomorrow, Wii for P.E. every day! Teacher and student.

4. Yes, that's right, I'm making her do school stuff tomorrow. But I said if her friend Red from across the street calls or comes over, absolutely she may go play.

5. Stuffing works really good in the crock pot. That's how I'm cooking it from now on. I liked the raisins, dried cranberries and cashews in it too. But I might put less dried fruit in it next time, it was a bit overpowering.

6. I cannot make good mashed potatoes to save my life. Blech. I'd better go back to roast potatoes next year.

7. I am really, really full.

8. I am not a big fan of "traditions." Just because we've always done something is no reason to keep doing the exact same thing year after year. My Freak Parents are the same. We never had big celebrations for holidays. Sure we have turkey every year for Thanksgiving, but mainly it is because we all like big turkey dinners and all the ingredients are on sale this time of year. I think we'd all be happy with a lasagna or roast beef. Sure I have happy memories of holidays from when I was growing up. I just don't see the point of trying to recreate them every year. Let's do new things and make new happy memories.

9. I'm also not sentimental.

10. I am, however, really, really, really full. I'd better go sleep this off.

3 comments:

MOM #1 said...

I am also the opposite of sentimental. I used to spend hours and hours wondering if something was WRONG with me. It seems strange to be a Mom without that *sappiness* gene, but now I'm used to it.

I was very full yesterday too. Today . . . Mom #2 is making delicious turkey salad sandwiches.

I have a feeling I'll be very full tonight as well.

Glad you had a great day! Cheers to the rest of the weekend!

The Cooking Lady said...

We had ham, because my father-in-law despises turkey, but he at least pays for the ham. And turkey, because there is so much we can do with the left overs.

But my daughter and I are vegetarians and believe you me we did not hurt for any food. In fact there was one dish that I did not even get a taste of. We will be living on left overs for at least a month. Just kidding!

Wendy said...

I made Gavin do school work today too. Why not, right? He liked what we did and did not complain.

Mm, feel free to send any offending Thanksgiving leftovers my way. lol I always loved that feeling after Thanksgiving dinner.

Enjoy your Wii! I want to buy one, but I don't see it happening as of yet. I guess I'll have to keep sweating to DVDs and episodes of "Shimmy" and "Namaste Yoga" on FitTV!