Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After

I am so glad we do a low key Christmas. We had such a nice day yesterday and I don't feel like "thank goodness that's over!" Today we are going to see Mr. Incredible's dad and step mom. His brother and maybe our nephew will be there too. Plus step-mom's brother. I've made a lentil salad to take. We aren't going until mid-afternoon, which is good. There was some freezing rain overnight but it is supposed to warm up, so it will be fine by the time we go.

Tomorrow I think we'll be with my parents. (I need to call them when I'm done here and confirm that will work. We left it open to see what the weather would bring us.) I'll be taking a spinach lasagna to that one. I think I'll try to assemble it today before we leave.

All our snow will be melting, including Violet's unfinished snow fort. We'll need more snow. I really don't mind the snow if I don't have to drive anywhere in it. I like it better than melted snow that creates mud everywhere. Plus we haven't even gotten out the snow shoes yet. I'm going to look locally at a couple of places for the snow pants. I realized that skiers wear them all the time. I don't ski. Well, I cross country ski, but not downhill. Tried it once. That was enough. I'll be in the lodge with an appletini.

I did manage to work out yesterday. I even did a little extra to try to work off some of those extra calories. Something pretty cool happened in Wii Fit. The balance board was wearing a Santa hat and wished us "Happy Holidays." I called Violet and Mr. Incredible in to see it.

Time to get a move on.

1 comment:

MOM #1 said...

Sounds like you're having an extended holiday. I'm exhausted! We're staying close to home after a morning of intensive housework.

Be careful in all that melted snow. Yuck!