Monday, December 15, 2008

Expect the unexpected

On Mondays Mr. Incredible works from home. Today started out like any other Monday, then by 10:30 he was leaving to catch a train into the City. Computers were malfunctioning. Hard drives were crashing. Mayhem was rampant. Or something to that effect. He didn't get back home until after 9 tonight. He's supposed to work from home again tomorrow.

Also expected tomorrow: 2 to 5 inches of snow. Joy. The American Girl Store trip has been postponed yet again. I've got to get out to get the library books and stop by the grocery store before the snow starts. Currently they say I have until about noon. I'm not thrilled about going out even if it hasn't started snowing, the side roads are still icy from last night's ice storm.

Speaking of last night, it was so cold and windy. My goodness what an awful night. I woke up at one point to howling wind and a huge crash against the side of the house. I thought for sure the neighbor's trampoline had crashed into our house. And all day today there were big cracking noises. I think it was the siding expanding and contracting with the cold.

I'm just glad I have a house and heat!

Violet wasn't feeling 100% today. I think she is fighting off a cold. We had a bunch of read aloud stuff we want to get through this week, so we did a lot of that today. I think I'd better have one of her Rhino Pops for my sore throat from all that reading!

Mr. Incredible and Violet got the tree up last night. The lights are on and a few ornaments are up. We're right on schedule. We don't usually get it up before mid-month.

More shopping has been done. Mr. Incredible is actually keeping spending in check this year! He's eliminated some people from our list and reduced the dollars spent on others. I am so happy! Now to keep me in line in my buying for Violet. I'm getting a little carried away. Did you know American Girl has a line of cookbooks and paper dolls? Two of Violet's very favorite things! I've limited myself to buying only Julie's paper dolls and another cookbook. But gosh my credit card is itchy to buy another. Hee hee.

More to do tomorrow. I think I'm just as glad we're getting another storm and will have an excuse to stay in. After the morning errands that it. Blech. I hate errands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetums is sick with a tummy bug.