Tuesday, December 23, 2008

One day to go

Violet is bursting at the seems. She did keep busy today. I had her make a to do list this morning. It included things like making paper snowflakes, wrapping presents and playing Wii Sports. I think we'll use that strategy again tomorrow.

No cooking today. Mr. Incredible is working late so I didn't bother to make dinner. It is Fend for Yourself Night. We have one last cookie batch to bake, but we'll do that tomorrow. A few weeks ago we make sugar cookie dough and stuck half of it in the freezer. That's what we'll bake tomorrow. According to Violet, Santa needs sugar cookies.

It seemed to be indecision and pass the buck day at work today. I did my share of tossing the old buck around too. But I did make a decision or two also. For some reason when we are down to a skeleton crew working, we freeze up.

Mr. I is probably stopping at the pet store on the way home. Violet asked Santa to bring the pets something too. Have you noticed how much help the big guy needs? But does he share the credit at all? No. I left him (Mr. Incredible, not Santa) a message on his cell phone saying Santa could probably find something here in the stash of stuff for the pets. But he (again, Mr. Incredible not Santa) never answers his cell phone. Not sure if he'll get the message or not. I tried.

By the way, I don't know if Santa answers his cell phone or picks up his messages either. But if he doesn't, I bet Mrs. Claus sometimes wonder why they're paying for it.

It has been snowing all day. The forecast is calling for it to change to ice over night. Then back to snow. Other forecasts say it will stay snow. At least we're getting a white Christmas. Can I send any of you a little of this white? I'd be happy to box it up and ship it.

2 comments:

SabrinaT said...

Send us some.. Japan is lacking in snow this year. Just be sure to fill out the customs form..

MOM #1 said...

OOOOhhhh I'll take some.

Just a little, though, not all of it. I saw those other pictures from your previous post . . . bbbrrrrr!

Wii Sports is how we fill unused days too. So much fun!