Friday, December 19, 2008

Now there's your snow day



We woke up this morning to a good 10 inches of snow on the ground and it was still falling. This is what it takes around here to close schools. Businesses, however, don't close. People still had to go to the office, and figure out what to do with their kids. Really, would it kill them to shut down or not open until noon? Maybe. Mr. Incredible worked from home although I think he really wanted to take his Jeep out in it.

Violet has already been out playing in it. We tried to find Red. She had been in their driveway with her dad. But by the time we got over she'd gone over to the neighbor's to sled in their back yard. Since we don't know the people, I didn't want to send Violet over. I know I wouldn't be too happy if strange kids just started playing in our yard. Violet was pretty disappointed. Not only because she couldn't play but because she was going to give Red her birthday present. Violet felt better after playing in our snow for an hour or so.

In a little bit we're going to bake some bread. Tonight we are going to try out a new lentil soup recipe. It isn't looking like we are going to finish up our school work today. I told Violet as long as the last few items get done by the 23rd, I'd be happy.

Here are some more photos. The grill and birdfeeder are covered:



The snow is at least a foot deep on the table on our deck:



Another view out my front window. I waited until the neighbor wasn't actively snowblowing the sidewalk. I thought it would be creepy to take his picture doing it:



Even way up on my covered porch, Penelope the guard goose is covered with snow.



Yes, she's wearing a Mickey Mouse outfit. We put it on her before our trip. I think it is time to get out her winter gear. Poor goose.

1 comment: