Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Three Weeks!

This morning marked 3 weeks of exercising every day with Wii Fit! A few days I didn't do much, but most days I've racked up 30-40 minutes with a combination of things. I've warned Violet and Mr. Incredible that I intend to work out on Christmas Day too.

Our snow seems to be tapering off for a while. We didn't get any of the freezing rain or sleet that a lot of areas got. I'm not sure how much snow is out there, it has drifted so much. The mailbox is practically covered, but most of that was from the snowplows. The temperatures are up too. It is around freezing, making a terrific day for playing in the snow. I'll work on getting those shipments of snow boxed up today. ;)

May I make a plea for a minute? If you are trying to get to friends or relatives houses for the holiday, and the weather and driving conditions are not good, please stay home. Yes, I know you really want to be together on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. But in the long run, it would be really better if you are all still alive on New Year's Day. It just isn't worth it.

Someone I know told me yesterday that they are waiting to see if son, daughter-in-law and new baby grandson can make it in. If not, she's hell-bent on driving to Ohio herself to see them. She said there's no way she's not spending Christmas Day with her grandson. To me, that's insane. The grandbaby is 6 months old. He doesn't know what day it is. Celebrate a few days late, safely. The grandson needs his grandparents safe and not stuck in a ditch on Christmas Day. I understand the holiday is important to her, but that is taking things too far.

Please be safe and warm!

3 comments:

MOM #1 said...

I totally agree with you. People do silly things in the name of "The Holidays." I bet you'd never find these same people endangering their lives to get to work on Monday, HAHAHAHA.

I'd better log off now, I'm extremely Scroogey this year.

Merry Christmas!

MOM #1 said...

Oh, P.S.

Don't you just LOVE Wii Fit?

What games are you playing on there?

Ami said...

I think a wii fit is what I need... it sounds like maybe it's not boring?

And yes, stay home and stay safe.

Besides, I can't be the only one who has relatives who are, um, insane. Staying home keeps ME sane. Sane is good. Everyone needs some.