Friday, May 22, 2009

Tomorrow's the big day

The cookies are baked, the brownies are baked, the trail mix is mixed, the dip is ready and the veggies are chopped. Tomorrow morning we load up the car and drive to the dog kennel. Not sure what to expect there, we've never been there except to their open houses. We have gardening gloves in the car in case we can't get out of yard work. We'll pack a cooler with drinks and sandwiches in case there isn't any other food (besides our snacks that is) available.

I'll be glad when she is done and has that Bronze Award. She's worked hard, and as her advisor I have too. I'm beat. I'm ready to move on to fun stuff.

Violet asked me the other day if I thought she should go for the Silver award when she is old enough. Part of my brain was screaming, "Good God no!" But I said I thought that when she was old enough she should consider it, read the requirements, think about it hard, and decide. I told her I'd be happy to help her if she decided she wants to try. But I wouldn't pressure her at all to do it. It is a lot of work, and I can't be her advisor for that one. (Not sure if that is just our council or nationwide, but they don't allow parents to be the advisor on silver and gold awards). But she can't even consider starting it for over a year, so we'll see how we both feel about it and about Girl Scouts in general by then.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. And if you are new to my blog and have no clue what I'm talking about (but for some reason read this far), here's a recap: Bronze Award.

3 comments:

None said...

Tell her if she goes after anymore awards you are going to duct tape her to the wall! lol

Have fun!

Pam

MOM #1 said...

Have a great time. Don't you love how the children grow up with all those plans and dreams, and you have to live with the consequences?

Welcome to parenting a young adult. ;-)

Wendy said...

Those awards are something! I remember going for my Silver Award, for my Gold Leadership Award, and all the other pins. Phew!

But they were good times. :) Enjoy your hard work and the yummies!