Thursday, May 14, 2009

Peanut Blossoms

I will work on posting all the recipes that Violet is making for the greyhound people. Since AmiMental requested one first, I'll start with Peanut Blossoms. We're going to make this dough tomorrow and stick it in the freezer. Then next week we can just thaw it out and bake the cookies. Pre-mixing and freezing will really help Violet get all the work done and still have time for the other things on her busy schedule like: reading, swinging, moving the cats from one room to another, playing with Littlest Pet Shops, and conquering the monkey bars on her swing set (she's gone from not wanting to climb all the way up the ladder to making it across in just a few short days).

Peanut Blossoms

1 -3/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 egg
2 T milk
1 t. vanilla
48 candy kisses

Combine all ingredients except candy in large mixer bowl. Mix on low until dough forms. Shape dough into balls (1 t. rounded each). Roll balls in sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 F for 10-12 mins. Top each with candy kiss immediately pushing it down into the cookie ball.


They are easy to do. And yummy.

Did I tell you Mr. Incredible and Violet got me a stand mixer for Mother's Day? Mr. I. swears it was so on sale it practically fell off the truck, then he got another mystery discout at checkout (from Amazon). He never did figure out what the extra percent off was for.

Anyway, I love my stand mixer. We made the sugar cookie dough today and man, oh man, I'm never going back to a hand mixer ever again. I'll stop eating first. Violet was able to do all the mixing all by herself. She made the dough completely on her own. The only thing she can't do is lift the mixer up onto the counter.

1 comment:

MOM #1 said...

Oh those stand up mixers are heavy.

I don't use ours.

It's permanently Mom #2's domain.

I don't cook anything that can't be done from start to finish on top of the stove or in a crockpot. The inside of the oven is for baking and I'm not sure if you remember or not . . . but I . . . do . . . not . . . bake.

Anyway. That is a great Mother's Day gift and those cookies sound delicious. Except I'm one of the few people in the world who hates chocolate, so I'll have Mom #2 make mine without the kisses. So sad.