Monday, May 25, 2009

The rest of the weekend

Sunday I worked around a cookout we were invited to. It was at the home of some homeschool friends. Good food. Good friends. Good times. We hardly saw Violet at all. She was off playing with the other kids most of the time. She usually takes a long time to warm up, then never really joins in. Not this time. She was playing along with them nearly from the get go.

I wasn't alone working. I was e-mailing with my boss before we left for the party. She was at the office. That helps. Misery loves company. There's a big deadline May 31st. I doubt anyone in our department was off the entire weekend.

Today I finished up the most immediate work I had to do. Got replies back from a senior manager, she was working today. I also cleaned the powder room and mopped the wood floor. Those were the two most immediate chores that needed to be done. As soon as I was all done and was ready to enjoy the holiday weekend...it started to rain. Wasn't really that bad, as you know from the rest of my post, I took plenty of time off, just intermittent around work.

We cooked out tonight, turkey brats and turkey burgers. Tomorrow morning I am on call for possible inclusion in a meeting. The client wanted a face-to-face meeting for some reason. I had offered to review the information with him over the phone. But he declined. No biggie, he's paying the bill he can have someone sitting at a desk with him if he wants. Anyway, the one meeting with him asked if she could call me if they ran into questions. I'm kind of hoping they don't, I'm not an expert in the area. But I'm more expert-ish than most of the others in the office on that particular subject.

Sorry about that, while it makes perfect sense to me, it probably holds no interest to anyone else. Where was I?

Yes, tomorrow morning I also need to call and try to schedule Violet for a make-up swim lesson. Her regular Monday lessons were canceled for the holiday. It is a little goofy, but you can't pre-schedule a make up lesson. You have to call the morning that you'd like to have one and see if there is an opening. I can understand why they do it, they probably would get too many no shows for make ups if they were scheduled earlier. And since they have ongoing enrollment, if there is an opening the day you call to sign up, your kids can even start that day. If they hold a slot for a make up lesson that is a no show that could have been filled by a new student, that doesn't make good business sense.

We just aren't "fly by the seat of the pants" kind of people. If I could have scheduled her make up lesson a few months ago, I'd have been really happy. Spur of the moment isn't me.

Anyway, that was the rest of the weekend in a ramble. It was nice. I feel much more relaxed than going into it. I am ready for summer.

3 comments:

Ami said...

"We just aren't "fly by the seat of the pants" kind of people. If I could have scheduled her make up lesson a few months ago, I'd have been really happy. Spur of the moment isn't me."

It isn't me, either. I have learned that I *can* fly by the seat of my pants and look professional... but I'd prefer a takeoff and landing in a time and place of my choosing.

Garden State Kate said...

lol, I hate booking way in advance..what if I don't feel like doing whatever..on that day. lol
Hope you don't get called for the meeting.

Mother Mayhem said...

Definitely not a fly girl here either. ;o)