Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Swimming along

Got Violet into a make up swim lesson this afternoon. In fact, 3 of the 4 kids in the lesson were there as a make up lesson. The place limits classes to no more than 4 kids. It was a different instructor which was good for Violet. She didn't push them as much as her regular teacher does, but she'd never met them before so it would be hard for her know where exactly they all are. One really good thing came out of it. Violet's rhythmic breathing on her front crawl was much better than usual. Not sure what the new instructor said, but hopefully it will stick with Violet until next week.

Today was my "anti-guilt" day. I was trying to make up for months of putting off projects with Violet. We got out the sewing machine and made the pillowcase that we bought the material for last September! Violet wanted to make a pillow and sleeping bag for her pet rock. She picked out the material, cut it out, pinned it and did a lot of the sewing. She gets nervous at the machine, so I guided the material for her while she ran the foot pedal. I'll get her out some practice material later this week and let her go crazy getting the feel for it. She also hand stitched the pillow shut after she stuffed it with cotton balls (her rock is quite small).

We made it out to the garden today. Well, she and Mr. I. have been out there several times, it was my first trip. Since we are awfully late planting the spinach and lettuce seeds I bought, we put them in containers. That way we can move them when it gets hot. I also got the onion sets in the ground. The first batch anyway. We used dirt from the compost pile. Our yard waste and kitchen scraps have become nice rich soil. I don't think the worms liked me disturbing their house, but they'll get over it.

I guess that was about it for today. It sure seems like we were busier than that. But I guess that was busy enough.

3 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Sounds like a good day to me!

MOM #1 said...

That sounds like a perfect day. Family and fun, that's what it's all about.

Mother Mayhem said...

Worms? Shudder.