Thursday, May 21, 2009

Status: Hanging In

School is out for the spring. We couldn't do it any more. Luckily we have no specific reporting requirements here in Illinois. We are toying with the idea of a summer session in a few weeks. So many loose ends are hanging right now. We'll see.

Work hasn't gotten any busier. That's good. I have plenty to do and no brain cells to sit down and do it. Good news is, no one is looking for anything from me until after the holiday. They are all too busy and too exhausted themselves.

Mr. I's work situation is looking bleaker. No changes at this point. But the outlook is bad.

Violet is baking her cookies today. The dough is thawing and we'll soon have the smell of fresh baked cookies wafting through the air. Good thing we are making two batches. We've all be doing a lot of stress eating around here. Hmm, how bad would it be to eat all the cookies, then stop at the grocery store for some on the way to the kennel on Saturday? Probably bad.

Good news is, people like us. We have more invites for holiday get togethers than we can manage this weekend. Luckily, the things we'd prefer to do came in first. So we had already RSVP'd when the later invites came. Not that we wouldn't have wanted to do them, the others just win out.

We took yesterday off as a mental health day and hung out with my folks. I went shopping with my dad. He wandered off in Walmart and I couldn't find him. All I could think was that Mom warned me against letting him out of my sight in that store. He finally surfaced with a bottle of vitamins and some sunblock. I couldn't ditch him, he drove.

I bought more demin capri's and shorts yesterday at Farm and Fleet. I found some that are so comfortable! I had to have more. Funny, it was hard to find size 14 on their racks, but there were tons of size 4. Size 4, bah! I don't think I was ever a size 4. Do most size 4's even shop at Farm and Fleet? Most of us there have hips.

So our status is, we are hanging in, hanging out and trying to take it easy, while still getting the essentials done.

Hmm, fresh baked cookies plus stress eating may equal a trip back to Farm and Fleet for size 16's. Whose idea was this Bronze Award project anyway?

2 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Summer time is cookie time, so eat away. Just have fun and play outside a lot, I say the heat melts away the fat, LOL.

I'm glad all is well. Plenty of positive vibes on Mr. I's job situation. We've had plenty of ups and downs in the J.O.B. department around here too, so I KNOW how it is!

Mother Mayhem said...

Size 4? Not even when I was born! Snorfle.