Friday, May 29, 2009

10 reasons to celebrate

I think we all need to stop and think of some good reasons to do a happy dance, let out a "woo hoo," and give a really big smile. There's too much icky stuff in the world and too many reasons to worry. So tonight, I give you my 10 reasons to celebrate:

1. Mr. Incredible's paycheck cleared! Any payday his check doesn't bounce is reason to celebrate.

2. Violet's girlfriend Red came over after school today to get Violet to show off her new guinea pig. After they played with the pig they walked down to the park together for a few minutes. I'm glad she's got such a good friend right across the street.

3. I got a 10% off my next grocery shopping coupon. One of the chain stores around here is desperate for business and is giving out 10% when your preferred card total reaches $300.

4. Turkey burgers were buy one get one free! We love grilling turkey burgers, but the pack of 12 is $8.50. I don't know how much beef is, I haven't bought any in over 15 years, so maybe that isn't too bad. But 24 turkey patties for $8.50, now you're talking.

5. Our new service unit manager is awesome! I was so excited when they announced her name last night. I hadn't known she was after the job. She's fun, she's nice, she's easy to reach via e-mail (I hate calling people and I never seem to just bump into people), she's professional, she's great!

6. Someone volunteered to be Juliette Coordinator next year! Yay! And someone else volunteered to be communications director (the person who takes minutes and sends out e-mails). They had asked me to do that too. I said I'd really rather not. Now I don't have to!

7. I didn't step in cat yark today. I did yesterday.

8. I have work to do over the weekend, but not so much I can't enjoy some time with my family. That's really all I ask for from work, some balance.

9. The weather is warm. After a hard winter, warm days are so welcome.

10. I have some great blogging buddies! I don't say it enough, but you guys are the awesome-most, bestest pals a gal could ever ask for! ((((hugs))))

Hope you all have some reasons to celebrate too.

5 comments:

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

Yeah, Dad Windu got paid today too AND I didn't step in cat yack either. Everybody wins!

MOM #1 said...

Hey, Mom #2 will probably GET A PAYCHECK next week, and since the first is upon us . . . that's something to WOOHOO about!

I like your list, I need to work on one of my own.

Wendy said...

All good reasons to celebrate (stepping in cat yack... not fun... I also cheer inwardly when I come downstairs and find none whatsoever).

Have a GREAT weekend!

Garden State Kate said...

Great list!! We are also thankful for so much here..I'll need to make a list! (hugs)

Fatcat said...

I'm having a hard time today feeling celebratory. I didn't step in anything gross today, so that's one.