Monday, May 18, 2009

Cucumber Dip

Don't worry Mom #1, this is the last recipe. ;)

Cucumber Dip

2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped fine
2 to 3 celery stalks, chopped fine
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 c sour cream
1/2 c cream cheese
1/2 c mayonnaise

Mix well.

Violet plans to take Wheat thins, baby carrots, celery sticks, broccoli, and cauliflower for dipping in it. We're hoping to keep the dip chilled by putting it in a small container, then putting that in a larger tray/pan with ice. We'll do something with the veggies in the ice tray as well.

Work was busy again today. Mondays always are. Everyone gets back to work and reviews what I did over the weekend and has changes, or more work. Or they read through their e-mail and have more research for me to do. I started out this morning with about 2 hours of work to do. I never got to it because of the new stuff I got in. But I got all the new stuff done. I guess I broke even.

Violet's swim lesson went well tonight. She's definitely still making improvements. Next Monday is Memorial Day, so we'll have to try to get her into a makeup session during the week.

We've had beautiful weather lately. In the mid-60s and mostly sunny. I haven't gotten out much in it at all. I hope to change that by the end of the week.

2 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Well, Mom #2 sure does have a lot of cooking to do. ;-)

I guess it's good to be busy with work, these days, with so many people out of work.

I'm glad Violet is enjoying her swim lessons. I wish there was someone brave enough to teach me.

Mother Mayhem said...

But I don't like cucumbers. Whine.