Friday, May 8, 2009

Good news, but still stressed

The big secret announcement was that no one was being cut in our department. We've had 5 people leave in the last year, and that has saved us from having involuntary cuts made. That's good. But gosh, they are slowly killing the rest of us with these scary e-mails and surprise meetings.

I am still stressed. I have more work to do than ever. I know, that's good. But I just can't get it all done. But I have to get it all done.

I wasn't really worried that my job was going to be cut. My big fear was that this morning's announcement would be my boss is taking a leave of absence. Her husband's been sick and I was worried she would take time for that. Nothing good ever happens when she is off for a month or more. She's had to take two medical related leaves in the past 6 years and people lose their jobs each time. She really does look out for us.

But no, which is good. I like her husband, he's a big goof and they are fun together. I'm glad my worst fear was completely off base.

But the work for healthcare keeps pouring in. So we are as busy as ever. And I'm still as tired as ever. In just another couple of weeks we'll declare 4th grade over and that will help a lot. I'm just not quite ready to say she's done for the summer.

I'd like to say let's take a break and start back up in July. But that won't happen. The other kids will be off and there will be no way we'll get started again.

I can't work much tomorrow, I'll have to work on Sunday. Tomorrow we are going to the open house at the Girl Scout camp that we've never been to. We're scheduled to go to Girl's Weekend Out, moms and daughters only, in June. I'll talk to the trees at camp tomorrow and stare at the river or lake (not sure what they have). That will relax me.

2 comments:

Ami said...

I'm happy that the news was not bad this time.

::whew::

Mother Mayhem said...

HUG.