Saturday, January 3, 2009

Another Goal for the New Year

I've got some big plans for 2009. I want to clean out my spice cabinet for one thing. I have spices that date back nearly 20 years. I doubt they still have their full flavor. When I open that cabinet door things invariably fall on my head. Remember the closet in Zoboomafoo? That's it, only tea, coffee and spices not sporting and camping equipment. May I just digress a minute and say I loved that show! How I wish Violet hadn't outgrown it.

Anyway, the spices need to be cleaned out. With it can go the iced tea bags that are over 10 years old that we didn't like. And the many things in the pantry that are also past their expiration dates. Mr. Incredible will buy anything to try it once. Problem is, he and Violet end up not liking it. So it sits in the pantry. And sits. And sits. I suggest throwing it out and he says no let's try it again. Still don't like it. It still sits.

But I'm the older and wiser Freakmom now. I'm just waiting for him to go back to the office, then I'll bag them up and toss them. If I do it a few things at a time he's less likely to notice and claim once again he's planning to eat it. Seriously, he's not going to. If I thought there was any chance he would I wouldn't throw them out.

Tuesday is D-Day for the next round of things.

In other news, since my grab bag idea got an overwhelming approval from all of you I bought the Sleepytime tea today and boxed and wrapped the whole thing. The party isn't for 3 weeks, so I'll let you know how it goes over.

5 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Oh my, more cleaning. Didn't you just clean a few weeks ago? You're a fiend, Freakmom, relax!

But, if you're still feeling fiendish, please come on by my house when you're done. It could use a little TLC.

SabrinaT said...

20 year old spices? Maybe you can sell them on E bay as vintage? Worth a try!

Wendy said...

I love that your goals are so practical and realistic. I hope you get everything organized the way you like and it makes your life easier!

Anonymous said...

Got any dried parsley? Snorfle.

The Cooking Lady said...

Let me tell you from experience. once you rid yourself of any clutter, you feel liberated.

Go for it!